Wednesday, 19 February 2020
With close to 40 years of experience in photography, De Keyzer is largely known for his uncanny ability to take on global issues that greatly impact humanities, including the collapse of the Soviet Union, modern-day power and politics in North Korea, and religious life on the margins of American society. His monumental works are documented in numerous books and being recognized with a large number of awards including the Book Award from the Arles Festival and the Kodak Award.
Throughout this intensive workshop, participants will produce a new body of work under the guidance of De Keyzer through a series of shooting sessions, group sessions and one-on-one portfolio reviews. As a mentor, De Keyzer will provide guidance on narrative, editing and sequencing. Besides the workshop, participants are also welcomed to attend Public Lecture by De Keyzer.
Magnum Photos Workshop at JIPFest will be held from 6 – 10 July 2020 in Jakarta, Indonesia. This program is part of the festival’s partnership with Magnum Photos, an international photographic cooperative with offices in New York City, Paris, London and Tokyo. Magnum was founded in 1947 by Henri Cartier-Bresson, Robert Capa, George Rodger and David Seymour.
- This workshop is open to applicants of any nationality, aged 18 years or older
- Workshop dates are 6 – 10 July 2020. Venue: Holiday Inn & Suites Jakarta Gajah Mada, Gajah Mada Street No.211, Glodok, West Jakarta 11120
- Workshop opens to 9 participants (selected on a first-come-first-served basis), with an application deadline on 17 May 2020
- Workshop fee is £1,300 (incl. VAT)
- Part payments in 2 instalments over a 2-month period are possible. For this option, please email email@example.com
- This workshop will be delivered in English
- JIPFest and Magnum offer an opportunity to apply for scholarships for 3 Indonesian photographers (see below section for details)
- Participants are welcomed to join a Public Lecture by Carl De Keyzer on 11 July 2020 at 16.30 – 18.00
- This workshop may be cancelled if there are less than 8 participants. Kindly wait for our official confirmation before booking flights or accommodation.
- The festival offers special rate for those staying at the workshop venue (Holiday Inn & Suites Jakarta Gajah Mada). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for info.
HOW TO APPLY
- Follow this link to book your spot on this workshop
- For workshop terms and conditions, please visit magnumphotos.com
- For scholarships enquiries, please email email@example.com
HOW TO APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIP
- This scholarship is open to Indonesians, aged 21 and older, with basic proficiency in English and is currently working on long-term projects. We particularly encourage freelance photographers to apply
- To apply, prepare your bio, a portfolio of 20 images and a short motivation letter in English and send all files on a WeTransfer link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline: 13 April 2020
- The scholarship covers registration fee, and does not include travel and accommodation fees.
- Scholarship submission deadline: 13 April 2020
- General application deadline: 17 May 2020
- Workshop: 6 – 10 July 2020
- Public Lecture by Carl de Keyzer: 11 July 2020 at 16.30 – 18.00