Thursday, 21 March 2019
Jakarta International Photo Festival (JIPFest) 2019 officially presents Photo Book Workshop with Teun van der Heijden and Sandra van der Doelen on 28 June-2 July 2019 in Jakarta.
Internationally well-known, Teun and Sandra have collaborated in designing numerous award-winning photo books, including Black Passport by Stanley Greene, War Sand by Donald Weber and Diamond Matters by Kadir van Lohuizen. The duo has also been teaching photo book workshops all over the world.
At JIPFest, Teun and Sandra will share their expertise and knowledge in making great photo book, from paper selection to photo sequencing, from designing to production, as well as insightful tips in understanding the market’s needs. The five-day intensive workshop aims to transform your substantial photography project into a photo book.
- The festival welcomes applicants of any nationality.
- The workshop will be conducted in English.
- Workshop schedule: 28 June-2 July 2019. All dummy books will be displayed from 4-7 July 2019.
- Workshop fee: IDR 5.300.000 (Indonesian & KITAS Holder) or USD 400 (foreigner). Fee includes one copy of dummy, excluding meals and refreshments. Bank transfer charge (if any) should be borne by the participants.
- Number of participant: 14 people, including one grant receiver (Indonesian passport holders only), who will be selected by the organizer.
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete the application form in English. Please click here to download the form.
- Compile your application form and photography project in a compressed attachment file (ZIP or RAR) with the size of not exceeding 30 MB.
- Send the application form along with the photography project on a link via WeTransfer, Dropbox or Google Drive before 20 May 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that the link is not protected. Write the subject email “Photo Book Workshop JIPFest 2019.”
- A confirmation email will be delivered to the email specified in the application form. If you do not receive any email from us within 3 days, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Digital file of your project must be sent in JPEG format with a size of 1,600 px on the long side and 150 dpi.
- Each project contains of minimum 45 photographs and maximum of 100.
- The photographs are numbered sequentially by the author’s name (Eg. Dony_01, Dony_02 etc).
- If you already have a dummy book, please send it in PDF format.
SELECTED PARTICIPANT & PAYMENT
- First notification of the selected participants will be sent by the latest 24 May 2019.
- Within five days after receiving the notification, the selected participant must remit the payment to:
Jl. Bambu Apus III No. 206 Pondok Bambu, Jakarta Timur 13430 – Indonesia, T. +62 21 8603627
Beneficiary bank: Bank Mandiri – KCP Jakarta Pondok Bambu, Jl. Pahlawan Revolusi No. 10A-B, Pondok Bambu, Jakarta, T. +62 21 8612067
SWIFT Code: BMRIIDJA
Account No. 1660 0024 00117 (in IDR)
- Application deadline: 20 May 2019
- First notification of selected participants: 24 May 2019.
- Payment window: 25-29 May 2019
- Final announcement of selected applicants: 2 June 2019
- Workshop: 28 June-2 July 2019
- Display of photo book dummy: 4-7 July 2019
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.