Jakarta International Photo Festival (JIPFest) 2019 calls out to photographers from around the world to submit photography works, including multimedia, that are made in a diverse visual storytelling approach, including documentary, photojournalism and art projects. Each work must in line with the festival’s theme—Identity. Please click here to know more about the festival’s theme.
The festival’s curatorial team will make a selection of the submitted works and present them at the Taman Ismail Marzuki and various venues in Jakarta from 25 June-9 July 2019.
- The festival welcomes applicants of any nationality, aged 18 years or older.
- Each applicant is allowed to submit one or more works/projects.
- There is no submission fee, and the festival will not provide fee, prizes nor awards for the selected works.
- The selected works will be exhibited at the Taman Ismail Marzuki and various venues in Jakarta from 25 June-9 July 2019.
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete the application form in English. Please click here to download the form.
- Compile your application form and work(s) in a compressed file attachment (ZIP or RAR) with the size of not exceeding 30 MB.
- Send the application form along with the proposed work(s) on a link via WeTransfer, Dropbox or Google Drive before 10 March 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that the link is not protected. Write the subject email “Open Call JIPFest 2019.”
- A confirmation email will be delivered to the email specified in the application form. If you do not receive any email from us within 3 days, please contact us at email@example.com.
- All digital files must be sent in JPEG format with a size of 1,600 px on the long side and 150 dpi.
- Each work contains of minimum 15 images and maximum of 45.
- The photographs are numbered sequentially by the author’s name (Eg. Dony_01, Dony_02 etc).
Multimedia (video format)
- All files must be sent in MOV, AVI or MP4 format.
- Maximum run-time of 10 minutes.
- All text files must be sent in WORD format.
- The selected works and applicants will be announced on the festival’s website on 31 March 2019.
- The organizer will require high resolution digital files from all selected applicants for exhibitions, program book and catalog productions.
- The organizer will cover the production cost and installations of selected works. Final presentation of the works will be decided by the curatorial team and organizer.
RELEASE & COPYRIGHTS FOR PUBLICITY
Third Party Releases
Applicants are responsible for providing necessary releases and consents to use the photographs, including releases and consents of any persons appear in the photographs, also the owner (the third party) of properties and elements shown in the photographs.
Copyrights for Exhibition, Promotion & Publicity
- Applicants must guarantee that they have the copyright of the submitted works and the authority to submit them.
- Applicants must agree to give Jakarta International Photo Festival the permission to use the selected images and photographers’ name for the festival’s exhibition. Name of photographers will be credited when their images are used.
- Applicants must agree to give Jakarta International Photo Festival the permission to use the selected images and photographers’ name for the festival’s promotion and publicity through official mediums, e.g. invitation, poster, flyer, newsletter, brochure, advertisements, program book, catalog, social medias, website, as well as preview and coverage in newspapers and magazines, and more. Name of photographers will be credited when their images are used.
Some photographs may draw interest of buyers. In this case, a separate agreement will be made between the photographers and the festival organizer.
- Submission deadline: 10 March 2019
- Announcement of selected projects: 31 March 2019
- Exhibition: 25 June-9 July 2019
If you have any submission-related questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.