Jakarta International Photo Festival (JIPFest) 2019 presents Visual Storytelling Workshop with Veejay Villafranca on 27 June-1 July 2019 in Jakarta.
Based in Manila, Veejay has tackled crucial local issues including cultural and religious practices, gang members, as well as impacts of climate change. In 2008, he was awarded the Ian Parry Scholarship and a residency at Visa Pour l’Image. Veejay was also the first Filipino to be selected in World Press Photo’s annual Joop Swart Masterclass program.
The Visual Storytelling Workshop is designed to improve knowledge and skill in using photography as a medium to capture and share stories. In thefive-day intensive workshop, Veejay will guide participants in creating a photo story around Jakarta, as well as in developing individual visual approach through classes, discussions and reviews.
- The festival welcomes applicants of any nationality.
- The workshop will be conducted in English.
- Workshop schedule: 27 June-1 July 2019. All photo stories will be displayed on TV screen from 4-7 July 2019 at Taman Ismail Marzuki.
- Workshop fee: IDR 1,000,000 (Indonesian & KITAS Holder) or USD 80 (foreigner), excluding meals and refreshments. Bank transfer charge (if any) should be borne by the participants.
- This workshop is limited to 10 participants, selected on a first come first served basis.
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete the application form in English. Please click here to download the form.
- Send the application form before 10 June 2019 to: email@example.com. Write the email subject “Visual Storytelling Workshop JIPFest 2019.”
- A confirmation email will be delivered to the email specified in the application form. If you do not receive any email from us within 3 days, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Within five days after receiving the notification, the selected participant must remit the payment to:
Jl. Bambu Apus III No. 206 Pondok Bambu, Jakarta Timur 13430 – Indonesia – Phone: +62 21 8603627
Beneficiary bank: Bank Mandiri – KCP Jakarta Pondok Bambu. Jl. Pahlawan Revolusi No. 10A-B, Pondok Bambu, Jakarta 14340 – Phone: +62 21 8612067
SWIFT Code: BMRIIDJA
Account No. 1660 0024 00117 (in IDR)
- Application deadline: 10 June 2019
- Payment deadline: 14 June 2019
- Workshop: 27 June-1 July 2019
- Display of photo stories: 4-7 July 2019
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com or +62 856-4306-7397 (Agoes Rudianto).