As part of Road to JIPFest 2021, the photo festival organizes Tambal Lubang: Photo Critique Workshop to cultivate and forge photo critics in Indonesia. The program is organized in partnership with Erasmus Huis and supported by 1000Kata, Arkademy and Ruang Baca Foto.
The workshop consists of eight online classes, scheduled for August-September 2021. The subject includes history and development of photo critique, methods of photo critic, and writing techniques for various media.
The program will also challenge participants to write photo critiques, while at the same time giving them an opportunity to publish it on three of the program’s publication partners: 1000Kata, Arkademy and Ruang Baca Foto.
Merel Bem studied art history at the University of Amsterdam and New York University. She has been writing about photography and visual arts for de Volkskrant newspaper and various publications since 2000. Her first book, Doorkijken. Kunst Voor Het Dagelijks Leven, explores the role that visual art plays in daily life. Merel occasionally works as a guest lecturer at various art schools, gives lectures and workshops, and acts as a judge for photography awards.
Since 1968, Bambang Bujono has written more than 400 reviews, essays and art critiques. Some of his works have been published in Rumpun dan Gagasan: Bunga Rampai Esai dan Kritik Seni Rupa 1969-2019. For his contribution to the art world, he was awarded the 2011 Visual Arts Award and the 2014 Anugerah Adhikarya Rupa. Apart from actively writing, he teaches Basic Writing Class at the Jakarta Institute of Arts’ postgraduate program.
- Capacity: 12 participants
- Registration: free
- Indonesian citizens
- Age: minimum 23 years
- Fluent in English
- Basic writing skills
- Committed to attending every session
- Fill in the registration form before 25 July with the subject “Photo Critique Workshop”
- As required in the form, upload your writing samples
- Each selected participants will receive a notification email
- Registration: 1-25 July
- Info session: 2 July
- Announcement of selected participants: 11 August
- Friday, 20 August, 16:00-18:00
- Friday, 27 August, 16:00-18:00
- Friday, 3 September, 16:00-18:00
- Tuesday, 7 September, 14:00-16:00
- Wednesday, 8 September, 14:00-16:00
- Thursday, 9 September, 14:00-16:00
- Wednesday, 15 September, 14:00-16:00
- Thursday, 16 September, 14:00-16:00
Click here to register. For more info, contact Yusni Aziz (0811-329-955; email@example.com).