Jakarta International Photo Festival (JIPFest) calls out to artists, photographers, and publishers to submit their photo books and take part at the Photo Book Exhibition, scheduled for 9-25 September 2022 at Kala Karya, Jakarta.
The Photo Book Exhibition aims to show the development of photo book, including its role as a democratic medium within the photography practice, as well as its challenges and opportunities in this digital age.
Various photo books are welcome to be submitted, including independent and commercial, handmade as well as self-published. There is no limitation of printing year, theme, nor photography genre. Our committee will select all entries based on several criteria, including visual narrative as well as design and printing quality.
- The festival welcomes applicants of any nationality.
- Each applicant is allowed to submit one or more photo books.
- There is no submission fee, and the festival will not provide fee, prizes nor awards for the selected photo books.
- The selected photo books will be exhibited from 9-25 September 2022 at Kala Karya, Jakarta.
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete the application form in English.
- Send the photo book via post (please write “Photo Book Exhibition JIPFest 2022” on the envelope) before 10 August 2022 to: PannaFoto Institute, Jl. Bambu Apus III No.206, Pondok Bambu, East Jakarta 13430 (contact: Tina, +62 812-9462-9212).
- All photo books, including those which are not exhibited, can be collected at Kala Karya, Jakarta on 25 September 2022 between 18:30-20:00.
- All photo books failed to be collected on time will be donated to the organizer.
- Submission: 10 July-10 August
- Announcement of selected photo book: 21 August
- Exhibition: 9-25 September
- Book collection: 25 September, 18:30-20:00 at Kala Karya, Jakarta
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com or +62 812-9462-9212 (Tina).
JIPFest is scheduled for 9-25 September 2022 in Blok M, Jakarta. The festival is supported by the Indonesian Tourism and Creative Economy Ministry and Jakarta Tourism and Creative Economy Department. Due to the pandemic situation, all participants, guest stars, visitors, and crews should have received three doses of Covid vaccine to attend the festival.