Jakarta International Photo Festival (JIPFest) 2019 calls out to artists, photographers, and publishers to submit their photo books and take part at the Photo Book Exhibition, scheduled for 3-7 July 2019 at Taman Ismail Marzuki, Jakarta.
The Photo Book Exhibition aims to understand the significance of photo book, as well as its role as a democratic medium within the photography practice. The event also wishes to respond to the challenges and opportunities of publishing photo books in this digital age.
Various photo books are welcome to be submitted, including independent and commercial, handmade as well as self-published. There is no limitation of printing year, theme, nor photography genre. Our panel will select all entries based on several criteria, including visual narrative, historical significance, as well as design, material and printing quality.
- The festival welcomes applicants of any nationality.
- Each applicant is allowed to submit one or more photo books.
- There is no entry fee, and the festival will not provide fee, prizes nor awards for selected photo books.
- The selected photo books will be exhibited from 3-7 July 2019 at Taman Ismail Marzuki, Jakarta.
- First stage: Applicants must send a soft copy of the photo book in PDF format, which may contain several or entire chapters of the book.
- Second stage: Should the photo book passed the first stage, a physical copy of it must be submitted for the production material evaluation.
- Applicants are responsible for the production and delivery of their photo books.
- All hard copies that have been sent may be picked up or requested to be sent back on 10 July 2019. All costs are borne by applicants.
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete the application form in English. Please click here to download the form.
- Send the application form along with the proposed photo book(s) in PDF format on a link via WeTransfer, Dropbox or Google Drive before 25 March 2019 to: email@example.com. Please ensure that the link is not protected. Write the subject email “Photo Book Exhibition JIPFest 2019.”
- A confirmation email will be sent to the email specified in the application form. If you do not receive any email from us within 3 days, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submission deadline for soft copy: 25 March 2019
- Delivery deadline for hardcopy (for shortlisted photo book): 30 April 2019
- Announcement of selected photo book: 15 May 2019
- Exhibition: 3-7 July 2019
- Book return at photographer’s/publisher’s cost: 10 July 2019
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.