JIPFest and Erasmus Huis present the Storytelling Strategies Workshop with Anaïs López on 13-14 September 2022 at Erasmus Huis, Jakarta. Anaïs López, an Amsterdam-based visual artist and storyteller, won the Director Guild award for best digital storytelling for her latest project, The Migrant. She was also awarded the title of Master Storyteller by the Narrative Journalism Foundation.
This workshop covers knowledge and skills in formulating the strategy for a visual project, from planning to execution. Each of the 12 participants would need to prepare their projects, either photography-based, mixed media, or cross-media projects originating from photography.
Through pitching process, participants will have the opportunity to refine their own idea and develop their projects to the next level. And through discussion, they can also meet and build connections with other like-minded participants, and get inspired by others’ projects.
SCHEDULE & VENUE
- Schedule: 13-14 September, 10:00-18:00
- Venue: Erasmus Huis, Jl. Haji R. Rasuna Said Blok C No.3, Setiabudi, Jakarta Selatan, Google Map
- The workshop is free of charge to applicants of any nationality, who will be selected by the workshop organizer.
- Transport and accommodation costs are borne by participants. JIPFest team could provide recommendations upon request.
- Applicants have received a minimum of 3 doses of Covid vaccine.
- The workshop will be conducted in English, with interpretation assistance from JIPFest team based on needs
- Number of participants: 12 people
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete the application form in English by latest 14 August.
- In the application form, please insert the link to download your project. Each image must be in a low-res JPG/JPEG file, 72 dpi, with 1200 pixels on the longer side, max 500KB in size.
- Registration: 25 Juli-14 August
- Selection: 15-20 August
- Announcement of selected applicants: 21 August
- Workshop: 13-14 September
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +62-816-876-608 (Widy).
This workshop is supported by Erasmus Huis. JIPFest is scheduled for 9-25 September 2022 in Blok M, Jakarta. The festival is supported by the Indonesian Tourism and Creative Economy Ministry and Jakarta Tourism and Creative Economy Department. All guest stars, crews, participants and visitors are required to have received a minimum of 3 doses of Covid vaccine.