In partnership with Japan Foundation, JIPFest presents Photo Book Workshop with Yumi Goto on 15-22 September 2022 in Blok M, Jakarta. Yumi is a Tokyo-based independent photography curator, editor, researcher and publisher. During the workshop, she will be assisted by Kenji Chiga, who received The Best Emerging Photographer Award at the 2019 Dali Photography Festival.
This workshop will explore the process of creating a photographic series in printed form, including editing process, conceptualizing ideas and presentation, and the physical process of creating a photo book. Each participant will be required to bring an existing project to work on. The first phase of the workshop will be spent examining those projects, editing, and deciding viable ideas for the book. The second part will focus on layout, material and final presentation in the form of a book. The outcome is a book dummy as well as new reflective tools to continue working on current and future projects.
SCHEDULE & VENUE
- Schedule: 15-22 September, 10:00-18:00. All dummy books will be exhibited at JIPFest from 23-25 September.
- Venue: Kala di Kalijaga, Jl. Sunan Kalijaga No.1–5, Melawai, South Jakarta, Google Map
PARTICIPANTS & FEE
- The festival welcomes applicants of any nationality, who will be selected by Yumi Goto and the workshop organizer.
- Transport and accommodation costs are borne by participants. JIPFest team could provide recommendations upon request.
- Applicants have received a minimum of 3 doses of Covid vaccine.
- The workshop will be conducted in English.
- Number of participants: 14 people, including one grant receiver (for Indonesian only), who will be selected by the organizer.
- Workshop fee: IDR 5,000,000 (Indonesian) or USD 400 (foreigner). Fee includes daily lunch and coffee break, and one copy of book dummy. Bank transfer charge (if any) should be borne by the participants.
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete the application form in English by latest 15 August 2022.
- In the application form, please insert the link to download your project. Each image must be in a low-res JPG/JPEG file, 72 dpi, with 1,200 pixels in the longer side, max 500KB in size.
- If you already have a dummy book, please provide a link to download the PDF file.
SELECTION & PAYMENT
- After the application deadline, we will review the applications and select the participants.
- First notification of the selected participants will be sent via email by latest 17 August 2022.
- Within four days after receiving the notification, the selected participant must remit the workshop fee.
- Registration: 25 July-15 August
- First notification of selected participants: 17 August
- Payment window: 17-20 August
- Final announcement of selected applicants: 21 August
- Workshop: 15-22 September
- Display of photo book dummy: 23-25 September
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +62-816-876-608 (Widy).
JIPFest is scheduled for 9-25 September 2022 in Blok M, Jakarta. The festival is supported by the Indonesian Tourism and Creative Economy Ministry and Jakarta Tourism and Creative Economy Department. All guest stars, crews, participants and visitors are required to have received a minimum of 3 doses of Covid vaccine.