Personal projects are labour of love that come from the makers’ vision. Oftentimes, they are developed through time and contain subjective perspectives that enable them to have unique qualities. But along the way, projects need fresh point of views that enrich them and hopefully make them more impactful when presented to the public.
Japanese photographer Hajime Kimura will lead a one-day workshop where he invites participants to bring in their photo and art-based projects and discuss different ways to edit them with fellow participants as well as the mentor. The projects can either be existing ones or future projects that are about to start.
Through this workshop, it is hoped that participants get to learn about other people’s thoughts on their work, and how they could contribute to fellow participants’ editing process. That way, participants may develop a different way of looking at their projects and build a source of inspiration.
ABOUT THE MENTOR
Hajime Kimura is a Japanese photographer born in 1982. He was raised in the Chiba prefecture just outside Tokyo. Having studied architecture and anthropology at university, he began his career in 2006. In 2019, his photo book “Snowflakes Dog Man” was published from CEIBA edition, “Mišo Bukumirović” from Reminders Photography Stronghold as a hand-made edition in 2020 and “Correspondence” was co-published from the (M) éditions and Ibasho gallery in 2022. Recently, he has been working on some projects with the theme of “certainty of memory” in Serbia and Japan.
- Pre-workshop online meeting: 21 September 2023
- Workshop date & time: Friday, 22 September 2023 at 10.00-18.00
- Venue: Kala di Kalijaga, Blok M, South Jakarta
- Number of participants: 12
- Language: English
- Fee: IDR250,000
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Participants must be 18 years or older
- Participants should bring in their own projects of any genre alongside a project statement. It is preferable to print out the project visuals in wide-edit format with a maximum of 100 images.
- Participants will be invited to share the goal of the project with Hajime before the workshop
- Sign up via Loket.com and complete your payment
- JIPFest program manager will be in touch with you prior to the workshop to inform the logistics
If you need further info on the workshop or travel suggestions for overseas participants, please contact Tasya at email@example.com or +62 877-7155-0231 (WhatsApp only).