Jakarta International Photo Festival (JIPFest) 2021 calls out to photographers and artists from around the world to submit photographic and photo-based multimedia works that are made in a diverse visual approach. Each work must be in line with the festival’s theme—SPACE.
- The festival welcomes applicants of any nationality, aged 18 years or older.
- Each applicant is allowed to submit one or more body of works/projects.
- There is no submission fee, and the festival will not provide fee, prizes nor awards for the selected works.
- The selected works will be exhibited at various venues at Jakarta’s Old Town from 19 August-6 September 2020.
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete the application form in English.
- Compile your application form and work(s) in a compressed file attachment (ZIP or RAR) with the size of not exceeding 30 MB.
- Send the application form along with the proposed work(s) on a link via WeTransfer before 29 February 2020 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Write the subject email “Open Call JIPFest 2020.”
- A confirmation email will be delivered to the email specified in the application form. If you do not receive any email from us within 3 days, please contact us at email@example.com.
- All digital files must be sent in JPEG format with a size of 2,000 px on the long side, 150 dpi, and saved at quality level 8.
- Each work contains a maximum of 50 images.
- The photographs are numbered sequentially by the author’s name and project title (E.g. Dony_project title_01, Dony_project title_02 etc).
Multimedia (video format)
- All files must be sent in MOV, AVI or MP4 format.
- Maximum run-time of 10 minutes.
All text files must be sent in WORD format.
- The selected works and applicants will be announced on the festival’s website on 30 April 2020.
- The organizer will require high resolution digital files from all selected applicants for exhibitions, program book and catalog productions.
- The organizer will cover the production cost and installations of selected works. Final presentation of the works will be decided by the curatorial team and organizer.
RELEASE & COPYRIGHTS FOR PUBLICITY
Third Party Releases
Applicants are responsible for providing necessary releases and consents to use the photographs, including releases and consents of any persons appear in the photographs, also the owner (third party) of properties and elements shown in the photographs.
Copyrights for Exhibition, Promotion & Publicity
- Applicants must guarantee that they have the copyright of the submitted works and the authority to submit them.
- Applicants must agree to give JIPFest the permission to use the selected images and photographers’ name for the festival’s exhibition. Name of photographers and/or institutions that hold the copyrights will be credited when their images are used.
- Applicants must agree to give JIPFest the permission to use the selected images and photographers’ name for the festival’s promotion and publicity through official mediums, e.g. invitation, poster, flyer, newsletter, brochure, advertisements, program book, catalog, social medias, website, as well as preview and coverage in newspapers and magazines, and more. Name of photographers will be credited when their images are used.
- Submission deadline: 29 February 2020
- Announcement of selected projects: 30 April 2020
- Exhibition: 13-28 November 2021
If you have any submission-related questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.